Welcome home to the Gold Coast.
For my clients who are looking for an upscale lifestyle among the rich history of the Second City, I always recommend Gold Coast to my most discerning clients. As one of the most exclusive addresses in Chicago, I love Gold Coast for its wonderful mix of historic and contemporary architecture. Gold Coast is a picturesque, quiet sanctuary within bustling downtown.
As a Gold Coast resident, you’ll have the city at their fingertips, and access to the best shopping and dining in the Midwest. From modern, doorman high-rises, to Victorian mansions, luxury living is available to fit every aesthetic and taste.
1. The Gold Coast area was originally referred to as the Astor Street District, named for John Jacob Astor, who was not a resident of Chicago, but whose name was used to attract wealthy developers.
2. The Gothic Revival Chicago Water Tower on Michigan Ave. is the second oldest water tower in the US, and was the only public building to survive the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
3. Rush Street is one of Chicago’s oldest streets, dating back to the city’s incorporation in 1837. Today, it’s home to luxury hotels, amazing restaurants, and a Bentley and Lamborghini showroom.
Fitness & Outdoor Recreation
1. On the famed Magnificent Mile is the brand new luxury fitness club, Equinox Gold Coast. Beautiful facilities feature classes, training, and spa services.
2. Get your sweat on in the all woman-owned Ritual Hot Yoga studio. Everyone welcome, from beginners to advanced practitioners.
3. FFC fitness clubs have been a staple in Chicago since 1994. The Gold Coast club features saunas, a pool, group classes, and personal trainers.
Best Spots to Take Your Instagram Selfies
1. Capture Chicago’s iconic skyline on the shores of Lake Michigan at Oak Street Beach on N. Lake Shore Drive. In the summertime. soak up some rays and have fun splashing in the lake.
2. Washington Square Park is a National Historic Landmark, and a great spot to capture some idyllic family moments in the gardens.
3. If you’re an early riser, try to capture the light at sunrise at the Michigan Avenue intersection nearest the Water Tower.
1. Bringing the Chicago steakhouse into the 21st century is Maple & Ash, an elegant and decadent dining experience with a menu designed by a Michelin-starred chef, and one of the best wine lists in the country.
2. A celebration of French-colonial Vietnamese culture and cuisine. Le Colonial is a Gold Coast institution. Located on Rush Street, enjoy Southeast Asian fare with French bistro flare.
3. Luxbar isn’t just a great spot of craft cocktails, feel-good American cuisine, but it was voted reader’s choice best brunch by Chicago Magazine.
4. Dine al fresco even in the winter in the light and airy courtyard within the historic building that houses the 3 Arts Club Café.
Fun with the Kids
1. Make your daughter’s year with a day at the American Girl Store at Water Tower Place. Immerse her in the world of her favorite characters and. treat her to a makeover in their salon.
2. Bring the kids to the century-old tradition of Afternoon Tea at the Drake Hotel. The Prince & Princess service is perfect for kids aged 4-12.
3. If you’ve got some curious young readers in your family, The Newberry Library welcomes kids 14 and older to view their collection of children’s literature dating back to the Middle Ages.
Nightlife & Culture
1. Located in Water Tower Place, the Broadway Playhouse was restored and reopened in 2010, and hosts hit productions of America’s favorite plays and musicals.
2. Take in the amazing views of Chi-town’s iconic skyline from Devereaux, the swanky rooftop bar at the Viceroy Chicago.
3. Housed in the historic Nickerson Mansion steps from the Magnificent Mile, the Driehaus Museum exhibits art, architecture, and design of the late 19th century to the present.
1. The Division Street Farmers’ Market is open seasonally, and features over 70 local vendors selling fresh produce, flowers, specialty goods.
2. The Oak Street District is among Chicago’s most revered luxury shopping destinations. The gem of the Gold Coast, you’ll find all your favorite high-end name brands.
3. The 900 North Michigan Shops are housed on several floors of Chicago’s 8th-tallest skyscraper. Posh boutiques and dining await you in this high-end shopper’s paradise.